[Dialogue] Is your regular life on the right side of social justice or just your little "side project"

Terry Bergdall via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Jul 31 13:18:48 PDT 2015

Steve,

Your question prompted by the Anand Giridhara video has reached me as I am
reading a much stronger exploration of the same theme, especially for
nonprofit organizations. It is a book recommended to me by Seva Gandhi,
"The Revolution Will Not Be Funded: Beyond the Non-Profit Industrial
Complex."

I find these questions particularly pertinent in the aftermath of having
just written an orientation handbook about the legacy and values of ICA. On
the surface, it highlights concerns that ICA has long expressed in its
image of the "trans-establishement." That clarity, however, gives no one a
free pass. Both the video and the book raise questions that can only be
answered in a confessional examination of one's actions and commitments --
individually and institutionally. I appreciate your reminder about this.

Terry

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:53 PM, steve har via OE ‪<oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>