[Dialogue] ICA Nepal Support

Richard via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Apr 29 14:03:33 PDT 2015

Dear all, Please find ICA-USA’s response below, please feel free to share it with colleagues who are looking for a way to donate. _____ In direct response to the devastating earthquake that has taken the lives of over 5,000 people in Nepal, ICA-USA is encouraging members of our constituency who want to help with the restoration to donate to ICA-Nepal.  ICA-USA is willing to accept these funds and send them to our sister organization in their time of intense need.  Although there is not an outlined project in place just yet, we are confident that there is no better way to ensure that funds will benefit impacted communities than through ICA-Nepal. ICA-Nepal played a significant role in helping re-shape Nepal after their civil war; and we are certain they will have an equally significant role in working with communities after this earthquake. The values and methods around participatory planning and engagement in cultivating change, that all ICAs share, will be at the center of how ICA-Nepal assists in renewal.   ICA-USA will be accepting donations to send to ICA-Nepal between now and Friday May 15th. Your gifts will be tax deductible and the entire amount donated will be sent to Nepal. Many of us got to experience the greatness of Kathmandu in the 2012 Conference on Human Development, let us help get this amazing place back on its feet.  You can donate by sending a check to ICA-USA (4750 N. Sheridan, Chicago IL 60640) with ‘for ICA-Nepal’ written in the memo/note, or you can donate online by clicking here. (http://www.ica-usa.org/donations/) In solidarity and support of our colleagues in Nepal,  sevasgandhi at ica-usa.org
Richard H.T. Alton 166 N. Humphrey Ave, Apt, 1N
Oak Park, IL 60302
T:1.773.344.7172
richard.alton at gmail.com

Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back
   Babe Ruth