[Dialogue] This from the songbook comes back to me each Easter

James Wiegel via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Apr 4 23:41:27 PDT 2015

CALLED TO WALK IN THE WAY
Tune: Put Your Hand in theHand

 Calledto walk in the way of the man who stilled the water;

Calledto walk in the way of the man who calmed the sea:

Calledto live in the Word and be free to live for others;

Calledto walk in the way of the man from Galilee.

 Hearthe Word that's the Word that's been said for all God's creatures;

Hearthe Word that's the Word that's been said for you and me;

It'sthe Word about life you are called to give to your brother;

It'sthe Word that will give him his possibility.

 Well,a voice comes, I hear it saying all too clearly;

"Youare my Son” with you I am well pleased!

Gota job to be done and life must needs be given.

Can'tpromise rewards and your pain will be increased."

 Thenthe Spirit came and said, "Go into the desert!

There'sa power—old Satan—he's the one you've got to meet."

Fortydays without food out there as a solitary;

Hadto decide old Satan was the one that had to be beat.

 Gotthe Word, can't hold it, have to say it‑-it is the gospel;

"Thetime has come! The kingdom it has arrived!

Youmust change your hearts and minds and believe this good news;

It'sthe Word from which the future must be derived."

 Healthe sick, chase the demons, say the Word that says "forgiveness;"

Takeaway all excuses for a life to be lived as dead.

Helpeach man you meet to make a new decision,­

Topick up the past, live the future with all its dread.

 There'llbe betrayal and despair and denial—you'll be left all alone;

Andyou'll wonder if the God who has called has gone away.

There'llbe taunts and a hill and a cross all prepared for you,

Thenthe spear, flowing blood. final words . . . has death won the day'?

 Feelthe dankness and the darkness and the quietness of this closed‑up tomb!

Feelthe relief that old death has prepared for you and me!

Butthe Lord calls again ‑‑ look! The stone! It has been rolled away!

Timeto walk with the pain through the avenues of history.

 Repeatfirst verse Jim Wiegel

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night., Unknown
401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353623-363-3277jfwiegel at yahoo.comwww.partnersinparticipation.com
Upcoming ToP training opportunities in Arizona
More info on:
ToP® Facilitation Methods ToP® Strategic Planning: Mastering the Technology of Participation
Register on line / see the ToP National ScheduleAICP Planners: 14.5 CM for all ToP® courses
The AZ ToP® Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday, of every month, 1-4 pm, at ACYR, 648 N. 5th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003