[Dialogue] The ICA Global Archive Research Assembly starts in 2 weeks. Please join in

jfwiegel@yahoo.com via surveymonkey.com via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Sep 8 13:54:22 PDT 2014

Dear Global ICA’s, Colleagues and Board Members,

You are invited to participate in the Global Archives Research Assembly, September 20-27 2014. The ICA organizations (board, staff and associates) and the global network of colleagues are the number one audience for which this event is being held. We want you to be able to use the historical work of the first 50 years of the ICA for your own benefit, growth and effectiveness. We also want to enable you to find, download or request material scanned and add your work to the Global Archives so that it can be available to other ICA’s and interested parties. The GARA will be an opportunity for you and others to learn how to do this with “hands-on’ guidance.

We also see the GARA as an opportunity for people from multiple locations to work together in doing some action research. We have found that a group of people, working in pairs can do very creative work. Then coming together for sharing and deciding next steps allows work to continue without any central control. This too will be enabled by our able Tech Team support.

We would also like you to invite others who are working with you to join a research team of your interest, either an existing one, or a new one of your choice. Currently we have four active research teams, but expect more. You can see current Research Collections and follow their work through the following web page:
<www.wedgeblade.net/wordpress/>

To make this as easy as possible for you we direct you to the link below. Whether you will participate face to face in Chicago or remotely via the internet, we need your involvement.

Here is a link to register:
https://surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=U9FiU8oDparxPWEIU8yXfA_3d_3d

This link is uniquely tied to this email and your email address. Please do not forward this message.  If you would like to invite others, share their info when you register, or send their email address to Jim Wiegel (jfwiegel at yahoo.com)

It is our hope that work will continue past the GARA dates and will be self-directed. Please join us in this exciting new research direction! We would love 100% participation from all the ICA’s. This is for you!

Additional sites like one dedicated to the GARA will be added as they are created.

Thanks for your participation!

Please note: If you do not wish to receive further emails from us, please click the link below, and you will be automatically removed from our mailing list.
https://surveymonkey.com/optout.aspx?sm=U9FiU8oDparxPWEIU8yXfA_3d_3d

The GARA Design Team

Jack Gilles (jackcgilles at gmail.com)
David Scott (drdscott72 at gmail.com)
Gordon Harper (gharper1 at gmail.com)
Teresa Lingafelter (tlingafe at gmail.com)
James Wiegel (jfwiegel at yahoo.com)

For more information, view the August Wind and Waves

<http://ica-international.org/windswaves-mag/2014-august/vol-4-august-2014.htm>