[Dialogue] Death of Chen I-An

Doug & Pat Druckenmiller via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Oct 27 10:16:22 PDT 2014

This is sad news. Chen I-An gave Chris, Doug, and me our Chinese names before we left for the Kaohsiung House. He also advised and helped with site selection for the Hai Ou Project. He did yeoman work translating during the consult and (I think) holding the hands of the young students we pressed into service to translate small groups and to help launch the project. I don't think we'd have had a document in Chinese were it not for him.
We tried to look him up when we were in Taiwan and Malaysia last spring, but did not manage it. That's a regret.
We depend on so many for so much in our lives.
Pat Druckenmiller