[Dialogue] [Oe List ...] Judy Gillis Passing Over

Susan Fertig via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Oct 26 09:49:56 PDT 2014

Dear Jack,

Your faithful care of and for Judy has been an inspiration for years. I celebrate you in the same breath I use to celebrate Judy's life and the contributions both of you as a team have made to the world.

The first time I met Judy was about a year after I re-connected with EI/ICA (following a long disconnect reminiscent, to me, of HH's Journey to the East).

 I'd brought a group to the 1994 Global Gathering in Lonavala from the still-forming ICA /Zagreb, and when I met Judy and introduced her to our little Croatian contingent, she was so very warm and gracious to each of my fledglings that they all immediately felt a part of things. This in the midst of Judy having huge responsibilities for the whole conference.

 Yet she took time for the radical hospitality needed by three Croats who were new to ICA and also traveling outside the former Yugoslavia for the first time in the midst of dire warnings about the outbreak of Plague in India.

Judy (along with some other very special, very generous colleagues like her) came to represent the new ICA for me in ways that encouraged me during my 6 years in Zagreb and Sarajevo trying to build sustainable new ICAs there.

I''ve already been missing her: I think all of us will go on missing her indefinitely.

Bless you, Jack. Carry on , friend. Journey on, Judy.

Susan