[Dialogue] Fwd: GMCA Update Oct. 19

David Zahrt via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Oct 25 16:16:37 PDT 2014

*SUN OCT 19** Unitarian Universalist Church, Ligonier to Sequasanta
Lutheran Conference Center, Boswell, PA*

I got packed up before breakfast. Food was provided again from the potluck
people.  We were to be out of the sanctuary by 9am. Deb shooed the Marchers
out of bed and straightened up the sanctuary. I helped the kitchen crew get
all of our food out to the Kitchen Truck. Then I helped Doug finish the
last-minute loading of the gear truck and hooking up the solar trailer. I
found out that Michael had a hard night—at a Jam until 2am then sleeping in
make-shift quarters, and being late for breakfast and lunch prep, so he was
also riding in the cab of the gear truck with us.

Doug drove us to the next campsite. It was enormous. During the summer they
have 250 to 300 kids camping at this conference center. They had cabins
available a distance from the auditorium, but I chose a spot on the
auditorium stage. I tried to get WiFi but my laptop wouldn’t connect. One
of the supervisors plugged me in to the Internet and I got some journaling
sent. Before dinner we had an All-Camp meeting. It was to decide who we
wanted to speak at the initial Rally point on the March into WDC. Each of
those nominated gave an introduction on what they would say. The Conference
Center provided the evening meal. During the meal ballots were passed out
and we voted on the candidates. Once the meal was over Gavain conducted a
workshop helping people reflect on the personal journey the March had given
them and where it would take them in the future. It was a continuation of a
workshop he had previously done. Gavain's wife, Dana, took their three
children home to the eco-village/intentional community in Missouri, I
think. We have between 40 and 50 marchers with us now.
 --
Peace, David