[Dialogue] An important movement and a significant event

David Dunn dmdunn1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 14:32:36 PST 2014

Hello colleagues.

I want to draw your attention to a conference that will be held in Denver during the first weekend in April this year: The Fourth Turning: Exploring the Future of Buddhism.

Ken Wilbur and several Buddhist colleagues are the organizers and presenters. While the named topic is the future of Buddhism, the explicit purpose of the conference is to explore with a wide diversity of participants the possibility and necessity of integrating the great spiritual traditions with the insights of the modern scientific, urban, secular world. The conference will use Buddhism as an explicit case study and context for grounding the challenge of evolving spliritualites in real life.

The use of ourselves as experiment and action research in grounding spirituality is a path and a quest that has been familiar to us for years.

Many will be familiar with Wilbur's book Integral Spirituality and the website integrallife.com. Here is the conference website: http://fourthturningbuddhism.com/ and a short video of Ken Wilbur creating the context for the conference's work: http://fourthturningbuddhism.com/about/.

I hope that many of you will consider being a part of this event. We've all been more or less deeply touched by Buddhist teachings and practices; we've been addressed by colleagues who have become practicing Buddhists; and if you're an evolving Christian in any way like me, you've been drawn to contemplative insight and practice that takes one deeper than the images and ideas that launched and carried us on our further journeys of expansion in the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and beyond.

We have much to add to this dialogue concerning the evolution of faith communities and their spiritual traditions. I've registered and begun to do my homework and personal orientation for the event.

Grace and peace to all.

David Dunn

—

"Mystery, possibility, and the power to choose"

David Dunn
740 S Alton Way 9B
Denver, CO 80247
720-314-5991