[Dialogue] Churches of the world

Karenbueno via Dialogue dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Aug 13 08:08:30 PDT 2014

 These are gorgeous pictures.  What is the witness to the work of the ICA today?  That many dollars were spent on physical structures in the past...what must our dollars do today?

Karen Bueno

Beautiful churches from around the world

Lake Bled SLOVENIA

The neo-Gothic Las Laras Sanctuary sits perched on a bridge spanning a deep river gorge in southern Colombia -- one of South America's most dramatic churches.

Notre-Dame Basillica of Montreal

Barcelona’s and Antoni Gaudi’s, LaSagrada Familia

The soaring pillars and rainbow-hued stained glass windows of the Sagrada Familia’s interior.

Asis Church, Taos, N.M.

Cadet Chapel at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.

The 150-foot tall Cadet Chapel......17 spires.

Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, AZ.

Borgund Stave Church, Norway

Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Washington Island, Wis.

Duomo in Milan

Greek island of Santorini

St. Vinzenz Church, Heiligenblut, Austria.

Sainte-Chapelle in Paris.

Saint Peter’s Basilica, Rome

Interior of Saint Peter’s.

St. Michaels Cathedral, Kiev, Ukraine

Cathedral-Basilica, New Orleans.

Church of Assumption, Bled Lake, Slovenia

Church of Our Savior, St. Petersburg, Russia.

St. Peter's interior.

Chapel of the Rock, Estes Park, Colo.

Heddal Stave Church, Norway

St. Bartholoma, Lake Konigssee, Germany

Metropolitan Cathedral of Our Lady Aparecida, Brasilia,Brazil.

Brasilia’s interior.

St. Basil’s, Moscow, Russia.

Collegiate Church of Notre-Dame, Dinant, Belgium

Lutheran Church of Hallgrimur, also known as Hallgrimskirkia, Iceland

Chapel of Thanksgiving in Dallas, TX.

Our Lady of Covadonga Cathedral, Spain.

Salisbury Cathedral, Britain

Yosemite Valley Chapel, Yosemite National Park.

Nuestra Nenora de Gracia, Cuenca, Spain

Stowe Community Church, Stowe, Vermont

Santuario Dom Bosco, Brasilia, Brazil

Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, San Diego, CA.

Russian Orthodox Church of Mary Magdalene, Jerusalem.

Cathedral of Our Lady of Lourdes, Canela, Brazil.

St. Charles Cathedral, Vienna

The UNESCO-listedpogost, Kizhi, Russia.

Crystal Cathedral, Grove, CA.

Sacre-Coeur Basilica, Paris

Church of Panagia Paraportiani, Island of Mykonos

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Moscow, Russia.

Basilica of the National Vow, Quito, Ecuador

Church of Dmitry on Blood, Uglich, Russia.

Memorial Temple of the Birth of Christ, Shipka, Bulgaria.

Notre-Dame-du-Huat, France.

Notre-Dame-du-Huat Interior.

Saint-Michel d’Aiguilhe, Puy-en-Velay, France

LINKS
from Gene
Cameron Air Show -What professionalism!
This took place at Lathrop, MO, a very small town just north of Kansas City, MO.    Cameron Air Show 2014
    http://vimeo.com/100670266

from Me
October 31, 1952 Benson High News
Benson High News Newspaper Archive 10-31-52