[Dialogue] The mirror on the staircase

frank bremner fjbremner at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 17 06:10:58 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues

In a recent conversation as part of a Philosophy and Christian Thought class (third year B Th through Flinders University), Descartes' notion of people doing their own thinking came up.

I said I recall a theologian had pictures of his favourite theologians on the wall alongside his staircase.  The top portrait was a mirror.

Does anyone remember who that theologian might have been?  I thought it might have been Karl Barth, but it might have been one of the four RS-I theologians, or someone else.

Can anyone help?

Best wishes

Frank Bremner