[Dialogue] GreenRise successes at 4750

Singltn at aol.com Singltn at aol.com
Mon May 20 08:59:17 PDT 2013

Congratulations, Terry, to All.  I'd like to see a picture of the  garden.
Louise

Louise R.  Singleton, MSPH
4 Calle Aguila
Santa Fe, NM  87508-5996
505-983-7077
email: singltn at aol.com

In a message dated 5/19/2013 7:03:12 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
bergdall2 at gmail.com writes:

Last week, I  invited folks to go online and vote for the rooftop garden
project coordinated  by a young 21-year old member of the GreenRise
Intentional Residential  Community at 4750, Joseph Taylor.

I am  delighted to announce  that, with your help, this project won the
Ford Community Green Grant today at  the Chicago Green Festival, A Project of
Green America and Global Exchange.  There are similar Festivals happening in
Los Angeles (Oct 19-20), San  Francisco (Nov 9-10), Washington, DC (Sept
21-22), and New York (April 19-21).  The prize was for $5,000. If my attachment
is successfully transmitted, you  can see a photo from the awards ceremony.
Joseph is the tall one in the middle  surrounded by supporters.

On a related note, we also  received notice last week that the GreenRise
Building "solar project" has been  awarded a $359,000 grant from the Illinois
Clean Energy Community Foundation  to install renewable energy panels on our
rooftop. The building at 4750  Sheridan is becoming a VERY high profile
embodiment of "green culture" to  complement our neighborhood sustainability
work across the 77 community areas  of Chicago.

Terry  Bergdall

Dialogue  mailing  list
Dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net