[Dialogue] A daughter takes stand, shaming father

Robert A Griffin ramgriffin at msn.com
Mon Jul 15 22:16:12 PDT 2013

Dear friends and family,

Nancy's courage and clarity in writing what shows up now on her face-book makes me ashamed that I have taken so few stands which put me into ANY real threat or danger.  Thank you, Nancy Bob

Nancy Griffin says:
 It
 is not justice when a man gets off for killing another man.  Self
defense?  Hard to believe.  Allows a person to get off after provoking
another person to violence.  We can be sure things would have been
different if the neighborhood watch guy had been black and the teenager
had been white, holding everything else the same.  If you don't believe
that, pay attention.

 I am a white woman.  Five other white
women agreed on this verdict.  I understand why they did, but it still
is not justice.  I place the blame on our society which continues to
give unfair advantage to white people.

 If you don't agree with
me, you can still engage about this.  We need to be able to discuss
difficult matters like this to exist together in this world.