[Dialogue] Al Gore | We're in Trouble--New Book: The Future: Six Indicators of Global Change

Karenbueno karenbueno at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 19:56:40 PST 2013

Doris, and all, We have just formed the Green Team here, and really don't know where or what will be the future of the group.  The National United Methodist Women encourages each district to have such a team, and one of the four major social action areas.  The other three are immigration, domestic violence, and human trafficking.  Our Reading Program does a great job of choosing books in those areas, as well as spiritual growth.  I am currently serving as President of the Metro Denver District of UMW, which includes the UM churches in the city of Denver.

Any suggestions would be welcome.  Right now I am just studying issues and writing local newsletter articles.  There is a fellow in my local church who has a fracked well within a couple of football fields of his home, and he is frantically working with city and state officials to limit fracking.

Karen Bueno