[Dialogue] 50 years

John Cock jpc2025 at triad.rr.com
Wed Aug 28 10:46:06 PDT 2013

Thank you, Mary, Cyprian, Ashwarth, Hrito, and all our Indian colleagues and
friends,

We are reading _Gandhi and the Unspeakable: His Final Experiment with Truth_
by James. W. Douglass (2012, Orbis). Powerful little book. More than ever I
understand that without India, who raised Gandhi and his movement, the
liberties in USA would not be nearly what they are today, especially because
of his influence on MLK, Jr.

Without their profound spirit and commitment to satyagraha and non-violence,
other movements (e.g., Truth and Reconciliation) and ours would not be
nearly so profound and effective globally. There is always regression, as we
experience now in the US, but because of their truth-force we are empowered
to overcome without ceasing.

Namaste.

John and Lynda

  _____