[Dialogue] Join us for Sept. 21st Pre-ICA Nepal Conference Virtual Jam

Wanda Holcombe wanda60 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 17 16:58:55 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,
I said "yes" to participating in the leadership of the Peace Building and Governance Theme Group for the ICA Nepal Human Development Conference in Nepal in October because of the "Virtual" portion of the conference "Before", "During" and "Afterwards" as a creative way to conference globally.  So come explore with us at the time that relates to where you are in the world on Sept. 21st in our second Virtual Jam on Peace with Christopher & Sheila Cook as they explore it's meaning through the perspective of Spiral Dynamics.  Also share this with your colleagues and networks that might be interested in peace building. I have attached two files for your use and for sharing with others.

Note:  Sept. 21st is also the last of 10 days of celebrating The International Day of Peace!

wanda

You are invited to a Pre-ICA Nepal Conference Virtual Jam Session:  September 21, 2012
Sponsored by: The Peace Building and Governance Theme Group
This is the first Virtual Jam Session with Christopher and Sheila Cooke.
The Second Virtual Jam Session will be held during the ICA Nepal Conference in Katmandu, on October 31.

Facilitated by: Christopher and Sheila Cooke
Produced by: Ester Mae Cox, Jean Watts and Catherine Tornbom
Start Time (90 minutes):
6:00 AM Pacific USA
7:00 AM Mountain USA
8:00 AM Central USA
9:00 AM Eastern USA
2:00 PM London
6:45 PM Kathmandu
10:00 PM Tokyo

Login Instructions -- Adobe Connect
Insert this URL into your browser:
http://top.adobeconnect.com/peace/
Choose "GUEST" and type your name the way you would like it to appear in the meeting room.
We recommend logging-in 15 minutes early.
You will need a way to listen to the conference, such as built-in or external speakers, or a headset.  Participation will be by typing, so it is recommended to have one computer per participant.

To test your connection, run this test, and follow the diagnostics if your computer does not pass all four tests.
http://connectpro78383270.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

VIRTUAL JAM TOPIC:
Peace?  70 years from now we won't use that word anymore!
We are going to utilize the essence of Spiral Dynamics Integral (SDi) to offer insights that are immediately relevant, usable and inspiring to assist in the co-creation of inner and outer life conditions for a form of peace that is yet to be realized.
Together we will explore the deep causes, polarities and paradoxes that, when considered through the lens of the spiral, invite a new awareness of a pathway beyond the peace-war dynamic imbedded in mass consciousness.
We are offering this JAM on September 21st, International World Peace Day, as an event that we trust will contribute to bringing certain hope in an uncertain world.
Whilst we will look at peace in general through the lenses of the SDi double-helix, this JAM allows you to explore your own in-depth understanding of past assumptions, beliefs and patterns that need to be transcended in order to bring about a new collective experience.
At each stage of human existence the adult person is off on their quest of their holy grail, the way of life they seek by which to live.  At the first level they are on a quest for automatic physiological satisfaction.  At the second level they seek a safe mode of living, and this is followed, in turn, by a search for heroic status, for power and glory; by a search for ultimate peace; a search for material pleasure; a search for affectionate relations; a search for respect of self; and a search for peace in an incomprehensible world.  And, when they find that they will not find that peace, they will be off on their ninth level quest…  The quest they find is never-ending.
-- Clare W. Graves (the originator of what today is known as Spiral Dynamics Integral)

Also attaching information in two formats as well.

Wanda