[Dialogue] changes in the Heavenly Roster

Sunny Walker sunwalker at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 15:44:51 PDT 2012

Someone is being kept quite busy "up there" - and no, I've not gone over to
the dark side. I simply enjoy some of the old 2-story images on occasion and
the death of my thoroughly agnostic, yet brilliant father who made sure I
didn't really believe in it either is one of them.

Dad, at 97 (after 70 years of marriage) finally let go around midnight last
night. I re-read JWM's "The Time My Father Died." I can't remember if I'd
shared it with Dad, but I know he would have gotten quite the bang out of
the pine box story. He would have preferred a pine box as well, if we
weren't allowed to simply roll him into a ditch and be done with it.

I imagine few of you would have known him as he only came with Mom to one
Summer program (might have been the big one in '84) and cheerfully did his
duty setting the Great Hall for breakfast. He'd, on his own, read most of
the "greats" of our history and maintained a disciplined, albeit rather
stoic (or perhaps just west Texas stubborn) attitude throughout his life. I
miss him and certainly celebrate all he passed on to me and our family.

Blessings to Lynda and her family on a dad whose picture reminded me of mine
and who I can imagine kicking up his heels with mine now in the "great
beyond."

Bye Dad.

Sunny

Sunny Walker

SunWalker Enterprises

303-587-3017 (cell)

303-671-0704 (home/office)

sunwalker at comcast.net

Aurora, CO

No mattter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back. ~ Turkish
Proverb