[Dialogue] The Grand Design

Jack Gilles icabombay at igc.org
Thu May 17 10:49:27 PDT 2012

John,

That (where did they come from?) is one of the issues regarding values as well.  If it all started as "nothing" then there is no reason to say there are any absolutes regarding values.  Nothing has value, including us.  That is why they can talk about a "selfish gene".

But there are more serious problems with the the scientific theory as it is presently modeled.  For one, they speak of space and time as a continuum separate from the creative process.  It is stated that everything started from a "place" of infinite density and singularity of space.  A theory that can never be proven but only is a mathematical equation.  The same thing for "time".  To speak of what "started" something is to see time (like space) as something independent of matter, like "Everything exists in a space and time continuum".  So if we exist "in space" and space is expanding (like a balloon), like the Big Bang says we are all growing away from each other, then why aren't the parts we can see like atoms etc. (which also exist in this independent space time continuum) expanding?

The third problem area is "causality".  Something outside (of what?) must have caused things to happen if it wasn't the Big Bang, an intelligence, which if followed to infinite regression leads to no answer.

So we are left with the scientist saying "accept the Big Bang" and YOU deal with all the questions that arise.  But think for a moment of what you're being asked to take on "faith" (science would say "almost confirmed theory").  It all started from singularity, (and we can tell you within a billion years of so) of "when" that was, that every morsel of "stuff" was somehow compacted in some way so that it all fit in basically no space at all, and, oh by the way, there is also 95% of it we can't see, identify, detect only by inference or indirectly, but our model tells us exists and we'll call that "dark matter".  Talk about a leap of faith!!!

No, there was no "beginning" and there is no "end".  The creative process is inherent in the universe and is present everywhere (and nowhere).  Space and time are an integral part of the creative process.  All "things" exist in space and time, but they also exist in the void that transcends space and time.  That is what the quantum reality is.  GOD is not "outside" of anything, because there is no outside, but there is a void, which is just another aspect of what is.  If you only base all your knowledge on the ability of left side of the brain to "understand", that is, language and mathematics, you get these contorted expressions of explanations that require alternative universes, 10-11 dimensions of reality, and stories that everything came from nothing.  But we have access to another side of the brain, the intuitive side, one that is capable of direct knowledge of the void.

People from the beginning of civilization have struggled with understanding the purpose of it all, the Mystery, the wonder, the awe of life.  And it cannot be reduced to "Oh, we just haven't had enough time to figure it out, or the mathematics to confirm".  "If you only knew the "facts" then the "unknown unknown" as a friend once put it in a poem, would be known and understood".  No!!  GOD is not that which we haven't quite figured out yet.  To be "made in God's image" means that we have the inherent capacity to directly know, to access the Void and to be part of the one and only creative process.  Indeed, that one creative process, like a fractal, can be seen and understood to be a system that operates at any level you want to focus on; the atom, the cell, the body, the community, the organization, the biosphere, the earth, the solar system or the galaxy.

It is so easy for people like Bill Maher to destroy religious statements or beliefs.  But if you want to counter his stupid put downs, you have to play only on the field of his (and scientists) definition; objective, explicit causality.  But there are alternatives to this field, which take into account both objective and subjective, explicit and implicit reality and allows one to understand how the creative process unfolds.

That is why our work on The Other World (in the midst of This World) is of such earth shaking importance.  We are not talking about how we found some words to hold awesome experiences and that can really be helpful.  No, we (and many others) stumbled upon a reality that was hidden from us for centuries because of giving credence and truth only to objective, explicit and verifiable dimensions of reality.  Everything else was just waiting its turn to be understood and figured out.  The Universe is just a gigantic bake shop and us muffins are just random products of a rather wild cooking process.  No recipe, no cook, just rather marvelously looking and behaving "accidents" of a whirling soup.  Get over your importance, your sense of purpose, your sense of awe and wonder.  These are just psychological inventions we have created to deal with that which we don't know and they really don't exist except as helpful coping concepts.

I won't go on, this is far to much already.  But let me conclude with the following.  Most physicists and mathematicians would have you believe that the Big Bang theory is the only real game in town.  But if you Google "Alternatives to the Big Bang Theory" you'll see there are many other answers.  I think most are still trying to play on the Objective, Explicit playing field (because that is the boundary science has put on understanding reality) but it ain't quite the consensus that you would be led to believe from most people.

Peace brother,

Jack