[Dialogue] Guernica & Conversation Roots & Shoots

Al Lingo clingojr at aol.com
Thu May 3 11:56:58 PDT 2012

Thank you, Jeanette!

Al Lingo
clingojr at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeanette Stanfield <jstanfield at ica-associates.ca>
To: Colleague Dialogue <dialogue at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Sent: Thu, May 3, 2012 12:57 pm
Subject: Re: [Dialogue] Guernica & Conversation Roots & Shoots

Dear colleagues,

Happy 50th Anniversary!

I first experienced the art form method in the pre-schools in Fifth City.  It was a reflective process we used in all the
curriculum designs we created for babies, 2 year olds, 3,4,5 year olds and on up.  Many times the process took place through painting a picture,
sharing a game, dramatizing being hurt on the playground etc.  Words were sometimes spoken .  Sometimes they weren't. Perhaps a
yes ritual at the end .  The focused conversation is one form of this reflective process.  I can go through this process alone on a beach or in
the midst of a crowded bus.  It helps me experience life as my teacher.  And I notice that this reflective process goes on in others and needs to
be encouraged and given space and time to emerge.

Ps  This is a pitch for chapter 10, Self-conscious reflection of the 2nd edition of The Courage to Lead which will be out shortly through iUniverse publishing.

Thank you for all our adventures together,

Jeanette Stanfield