[Dialogue] 20 Principles Code Stories?

steve har stevehar11201 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:11:26 PDT 2012

Thanks Marilyn for the origin stories of the 20 Principles Code and
the Polity Document.

--

Wondering if anyone might have a "20 Principles-in-Action"  you still
carry with you from those 20th C times?

Here is one I carry around re:
5. Each member has a gift to be developed and offered.

One time in the early 1970s Wayne and Jo Nelson, Eleen Tickner and I
were 6th grade trek leaders  in the middle of the deep North Woods
with 40 kids. We pulled up in an old school bus in an empty field,
empty like a clean sheet of paper.

Elaine Butcher got off the bus and looked around. She was brushing her
hair casually and chewing bubble gum said" Where is the lady's
bathroom?"

Wayne reached into the back of the bus and handed her a shovel and
said: "About 25 yards over there, behind the bushes."

There were shocks of amazement all around, especially Elaine as she
tentatively took the shovel.

Iron woman set out to build the lady latrines. It was the beginning of
the social pioneering in that field of that  mysterious Northwoods
community aka the 6th grade trek.

At the camp fire that night, Wayne began reading a sci-fi coming of
age story set in the future. Later we read one I think about a cave
man. Great campfire stories. Can't remember the titles though.

Got a 20 Principles Code story you still carry around?

--
Steve Harrington