[Dialogue] The New Mainstream . . .

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 07:06:41 PDT 2012

I first heard this term from Robert Gilman, founder of In Context magazine, now YES magazine.  He was trying to explain their focus, said something like, we are not trying to be alternative anything -- that only suggests there is something in place and we are trying to be different.  We are trying to describe the new mainstream . . . how things are going to be normally as we move into the future.

Skip ahead to yesterday's paper.  DMB, a large developer (Todd Hornback, former ICA board member and ToP practitioner has been working for and with them as part of their community building department for a good while)  is getting notice for its new planned development, Eastmark, on the land formerly used as a General Motors proving ground here in Arizona.  They have been given credit for working first on where the jobs will come from to support the residents before launching into the building of homes.  This from their president:

"As the first large-scale community to launch in Arizona in nearly a decade, Eastmark is bieng closely watched," he said.  "We are designing the community with the 'new normal' in mind.  People are putting higher values on a sense of community, proximity to employment and environmental stewardship."

Jim Wiegel

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."  Abraham Lincoln

401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353-2401

+1  623-363-3277  skype:  jfredwiegel

jfwiegel at yahoo.com   www.partnersinparticipation.com

Upcoming public course opportunities:

ToP  Facilitation Methods,      Sept 11-12, 2012

ToP Strategic Planning,    Oct 9-10, 2012

The AZ Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday- Sept 7, 2012

Facilitation Mastery : Our Mastering the Technology of Participation program is available in Phoenix in 2012-3.  Program begins on Nov 14-16, 2012

See short video http://partnersinparticipation.com/?page_id=55 and website for further details.