[Dialogue] Revised song: Let the Earth Breathe

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 14:31:01 PDT 2012

Greetings from St. Louie on this World Environment Day!

A couple weeks ago, as part of the report from our Awaken the Dreamer, Changing the Dream Symposium/ICA 50th Anniversary event, we included the song "Let the Earth Breathe" written for the event.  Since that time a number of revisions have been made on the attached music notation (can't be put in email text).  Below are the lyrics.

Ellie Stock

LET THE EARTH BREATHE

Letthe Earth breathe!
Letits heart beat,
            pulsing and firing the fruit of itsseed.
Letfour winds tease,
            air bright and clean.
            converging and swirling throughlife’s mystery.

 Letwaters wreathe.
Letrivers be,
            pristine and free from deep valleysto seas.
Letsinging streams
            stir slumbering leagues,
            awakening the dreamer and changingthe dream.

             Let mountains rise!
             Let forests thrive—
                      primal communitiesbirthed to survive.
            Let kindred be wise,
                        not compromise
                        their courage and carefor greed’s beckoning lies.

Letoceans race!
Letnew waves chase
            ancient tides washing ashore cosmicgrace.
Letrhythms of peace,
            each land embrace,
            all creatures together in Earth’ssacred space,
            creation now honored in Earth’s sacred space,
all creatures together in Earth’s sacredspace.

ejhs
5/12