[Dialogue] Enos Mythos Dance

Paula Philbrook paula.philbrook at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:30:40 PDT 2012

Ellie,
When my Dad died, at his Memorial celebration, we ended the celebration
with a dance, Margaret Aiseayew directed as variation on the Enos Mythos
Dance.

We formed 2 circles, one inside the other. The inside circle, turned to
face the outside circle so you could look into each other's eyes.  The two
circles then would move in opposite directions as well.    The movement was
simple: one sliding step to the right, made a bow (by bending the knees)
while looking into the eyes of the person opposite. Another slide to the
right, bow, and greeting the eyes of the next person across. Each circle
held hands.

We sang a simple tune repeating the phrase "*All I ask of you is forever to
remember me as loving you"*.  Greeting each pair of eyes, bowing until we
had made it around the entire circle.   I have never tried to put the tune
down as a score, but I am sure, my niece, Lela could help.  If you can wait
until you get to Chicago, we can certainly sing it for you.  The song
provided the rhythm for the dance movements.

Needless to say, we were all in tears by the time we had greeted each
person with those words.  We did the same dance, when we threw his ashes
into water on the first anniversary of his death and also again at Donna's
Memorial service.

I look forward to having a chance to see you when you are in Chicago for
ACCELERATE 77.  Marge is living at 4750 and working the archives.  They
have been working on the Town Meetings files.  Maybe Carl should stay a
while and work on *Rendez-vous Quebec* files. Hannah has been volunteering
one day a week this summer with Accelerate but she heads back to BARD for
her second year in early September.

You are the greatest!

Paula

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Ellie Stock <elliestock at aol.com> wrote:

> Does anyone remember the steps/choreography we used for the Enos Mythos
> Dance?
>
> Ellie
> elliestock at aol.com

Paula

*Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough,
and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to
clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger
into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow*.
*Melody* Beattie