[Dialogue] Fwd: The right question, continued

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 06:00:37 PDT 2012

There was a time, when we all wore the blue, that we knew ourselves as a visible manifestation of the transestablishment, and rightfully so.  There were probably some other manifestations as well.  But I have to agree with Jim's colleague, Ruham Nimri, that I do not see a very visible transestablishment today.  The Arab Spring, Occupy, and Hawken's mini-movements are, I believe, examples of the disestablishment.

However, it may be that we are in a time when the transestablishment is present more in the form that HRN described, as the sensitive and responsive part of every society, institution, informal group, etc., not as "visible" as such, but very prominent in terms of its effect.  Or maybe it's one of those things that we're not sure what it looks like but we'll know it when we see it.  How we nurture it and connect it, and even become a part of it, is another question.

Randy

"Listen to what is emerging from yourself to the course of being in the world; not to be supported by it, but to bring it to reality as it desires."
-Martin Buber (adapted)