[Dialogue] Can Christianity Be Saved? Can Religion Be Saved?

jlepps at pc.jaring.my jlepps at pc.jaring.my
Wed Jul 18 14:50:55 PDT 2012

A word of perspective:

"The church's function is to serve humanity --
not to get people to join it. And so it is with
any other religion. God will take care of all the
joining if you go about your task of serving
humanity."  JWM, "Social Demonstration: Mass
Replication", Bending History 2, p. 270.

Elsewhere I recall a statement about anytime you
find yourself defending God or Christ (or the
Church?) you can be sure that it's not God or
Christ (or the Church) that you are defending.

So maybe what this is about is finding the most
effective way to serve humanity.

John Epps