[Dialogue] Can Christianity Be Saved--correction to the link to Bass's article

Tracy Longacre tel at telphoto.com
Wed Jul 18 03:42:59 PDT 2012

Interesting. Jim, if that is the question, I seriously doubt the church as an institution is going to be very involved.

There are so many people under 40 now who are completely unchurched and many of those who were raised in a church are leaving and not going back. Yes, we can claim a few stragglers in the US, but in Europe & the UK the church seems like an amusingly irrelevant relic.

Courage, wisdom, care & creativity ARE being generated, taught, empowered, and manifested. A lot through art (in its many manifestations), mysticism (calling on mystical practices from all traditions), and experiments in community--either separately or in different combinations of those three. Sadly, the most spiritual people I encounter are the ones that tell me the church does not provide what they seek.

And in Africa, my experience is that the church and people's deep attachment to it as a community institution is one of the fundamental things holding them back from tapping into their own authentic creativity, wisdom and courage.

   Tracy E. Longacre
   from the Art Monastery, Labro, Italy
   +44 (7519) 636546

   just another child of God Blog: http://tlongacre.wordpress.com