[Dialogue] Marking a Birthday.

Janice Ulangca aulangca at stny.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 14:41:07 PDT 2012

Marking a Birthday.Dear Bob,

A lovely picture of a woman with many kinds of beauty.  You, Sandra, Tim and Rebecca:  No wonder PA came through!  Who could resist such a team!  Thanks for your work - I also went across the border from NY to the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre areas during the 2008 campaign to knock on doors and talk to folks. And this campaign made a difference in the direction of the country.

Sandra also made a huge difference in keeping ICA-USA from "going out of business" at least legally, and perhaps actually, at a time when the board was barely hanging on.  It took faith, intelligence, guts and perhaps the humor that made her such a great person to work with. I'm sure you played a big part in all she was able to do, Bob. Now ICA vitality is bursting out in many ways and locations, with great leadership from staff,  board and many colleagues.  I feel that I personally and all who care about ICA owe Sandra a lot, along with others who kept the faith through very difficult times. So now we have an opportunity to put all we have learned into new forms of service on behalf of the future.  Thank you, Sandra, and Bob.

Janice Ulangca