[Dialogue] What is the right question these days?

Bill Parker bparker175 at cox.net
Mon Jul 2 13:41:45 PDT 2012

Wayne and all,

I think you are on to something. It may be that we need to look first at
what are the warning signs of the destruction and endangerment of the entire
human community. Then ask, what is the underlying question to be addressed
and how it can be addressed.

For example, we have been in an environmental crisis for decades now, we
have watched our democracy get wrestled away from the people, we have
witnessede the strangledhold of the financial institution on the total
society, the rapidly expanding levels of poverty threathening nations
stabilities, we have watched corporations demonstrate time and again their
incompetence and waste of resources, we are bombarded with all kinds of
religious solutions, we find racism as vigorous as ever, women as deprived
as ever, war as ineffective as ever, and our young people as entrapped by
the yoke of individual consumerism as ever.

These are not new! These represent the inevitable collapse of civilization
as we have known, yet it is as if all declarations of the reality of this
situation are trivialized, watered down, muted as if it has not been pointed
out. What we have been doing does not seem to be effective in making the
truth clear. So, perhaps the question is: Why are people not being awakened
to the clear, obvious truth of our crisis? Secondly, what methods must we
develop or employ to radically reveal this all emcompassing truth?

Just thinking......

Bill