[Dialogue] "Interdependent Pieces and Entities"

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 11:27:06 PDT 2012

Randy, this gives me an excuse to share this poem, from her  book, The
Magical Approach by Jane Roberts:

"Magic is public as the air, so obvious and clear that it appears
invisible.
And we look through it at the world, which rises up about us  everywhere.

When we wake up in the morning, the world is always there waiting.
We never catch it coming or going, and no smallest part of it disappears
before our eyes, but stays intact.

But all of that implies just too much precision to happen all by itself, a
whole world mysteriously appearing out of nowhere, putting itself together
just right without instructions or previous experience.

Such a masterly production makes me think instead that there are clues
we've overlooked.

We like to think that chance alone collected the pieces of the world,
stitching together the continents, turning the dumb elements into fish and fowl,
 and you and me, finally.

Of Master Magicians whose conjurings feature the amazing tricks of space
and time, produced so skillfully and fast that we're dazzled with the
effects,  and miss the magical slights of hand beneath the flashy gestures of the
days and  nights,

Producing from its magical bag of tricks, one marvelous form of life after
another, fish, bird, monkey, man (not just one dove or rabbit) with a skill
and  swiftness so astute that our wise men think one turns into the other!

Juggling a million million atoms all at once, spinning them into twirling
cells of men and whales, tricky, spinning solid mountains from thin air,
with  fish transformed into flying birds --

Now that's a Magic Show!"

(I took liberty with the spacing. The poem has 3 -4 words to a line; takes
up 3 pages in the book.)

How many libraries would your map fill, Randy? I wonder.

Blessings,
Jann McGuire

In a message dated 7/18/2012 9:34:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,