[Dialogue] Two Questions

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 04:32:32 PDT 2012

Colleagues,

In reflecting on the dialogue around what is "the question," I realized we really were assuming two questions.

The first has to do with the dominant question for "every person."  We used to say it was "Who am I?" but today it is focussed on "we," not "I."  So from what I heard many of us saying, try this.  How may "we"  (all species) live together on this planet in peace, in a way that secures life for future generations?

The second was the dominant question that those who care are asking.  Here's what I heard us hinting at on this one.  What is the new face, form and mission of the "movement" (the religious, the invisible college, the church with a little"c," ) and what stories, style and symbols will sustain it?

Randy

"Listen to what is emerging from yourself to the course of being in the world; not to be supported by it, but to bring it to reality as it desires."
-Martin Buber (adapted)