[Dialogue] Guns

Wilson Priscilla Pris at TeamTechPress.com
Sat Dec 15 14:20:57 PST 2012

Does anyone know Carolyn J. Lukensmeyer...who founded and was the president of AmericaSpeaks. She is now Executive Director of the National Institute for Civil Discourse at the University of Arizona.
AmericaSpeaks led a 5,000 person Town Meeting discourse in NYC when the plans first came out for rebuilding Ground Zero.
I was a table facilitator...and quite impressed with the folks they managed to reach.
Talking with her about a "national" sponsor might produce something.

I think the conversation about needing ways to pull together TM type events in multiple locations makes sense.
All of this after the continuing dialogue here...but it needs to go beyond that.
Priscilla Wilson

On Dec 15, 2012, at 4:00 PM, Jack Gilles wrote:

> Marianna,
>
> TM would be good but you need a "national" sponsor. The World Cate process I think would be easier to do and for this might work better.
>
> Jack
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Dec 15, 2012, at 3:35 PM, Marianna Bailey <wmbailey at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> What about "Town Meetings" ? A 2 hour workshop designed for a community to solve the problem of guns in the community. We need to "brainstorm"  organizations that could sponsor the workshops.
>> Marianna
>> On Dec 15, 2012, at 4:15 PM, Jack Gilles wrote:
>>
>>> John,
>>>
>>> I like your thinking and the tactics. Your "tiger" strategy really shifts the thinking. Perhaps having a traveling forum with justice department people, gun advocates, local law officials and a way for the local people to speak (tables of five or so) and present a question or suggestion from each table. Go to 10 or 15 locations. All of this telecast by PBS with call in and perhaps 'vote graphs' for affirming ideas. Keep it before the larger picture and audience. Affirm the second amendment, but stress safety, accountability and public health & safety.
>>>
>>> Jack
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad

Priscilla H Wilson
Pris at TeamTechPress.com