[Dialogue] Sufficient unto the day is the contradiction there of

Paula Philbrook paula.philbrook at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 05:16:32 PST 2012

Sufficient unto the day is the contradiction there of. . . .

I have carried this phrase in my head since Town Meeting days.  What is the
contradiction?  In the Fifth City process we identified the VICTIM IMAGE as
the underlying spirit problem or contraction, has that changed in our life
times?

Daughter, Rebekah, writes and is the content editor of Dictionary.com.   They
selected bluster as the word of the year for 2012.  (follow this link if
you want to read about it- http://hotword.dictionary.com/bluster/)  In the
article, she says you cannot solve a problem until you articulate it.  Is
that right?

The culture of drugs, guns, domestic violence, excess consumption, and
bullying, all point to a similar underlying contradiction-deep personal
isolation coupled with a vacuum or absence of community has produced a
mindset of  "super" power individuals.   *The individual is more important
than the whole. *
*
*
The victim image was from the Freedom section of RSI, I keep thinking this
contradiction is related to the last section, the CHURCH.  There is no WE.

Paula

*Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough,
and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to
clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger
into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow*.
*Melody* Beattie